Love Letter is a game of risk, deduction, and luck, for 2–4 players. Designed by Seiji Kanai, the game features incredibly simple rules that create dynamic and exciting player interactions. Players attempt to deliver their love letter into the Princess’s hands while keeping other players’ letters away. Powerful cards lead to early gains, but make you a target. Rely on weaker cards for too long and your letter may be tossed in the fire!
There are currently five releases in the Love Letter series:
- Love Letter Tempest Edition is part of a series of games based on AEG’s intriguing Tempest setting. You can click here to discover the exciting City-State of Tempest and other games in the Tempest series.
- Love Letter Kanai Factory Edition is a limited release and features the charming art and graphics from the original game first published in Japan.
- Love Letter Legend of the Five Rings is based on AEG’s original Love Letter rules and features the compelling art and characters of the L5R universe.
- Love Letter Wedding Edition is an edition of the game that features new art and components to make it the perfect gift for your wedding guests or party. Available only through AEG.
- Munchkin Loot Letter is the wild and wacky combination of Love Letter and Steve Jackson Game’s Munchkin! Can you be the first to get the Loot? All the fast fun of Love Letter without all that icky kiss stuff. Available this fall!
Check out the reviews below and discover why everyone is falling in love with Love Letter:
“Love, love, LOVE Love Letter! I’d play it over and over again, all day long.” —This Board Game Life (podcast)
“Love Letter is a game you’ll play now, tomorrow, and years to come. It isn’t just a summer fling, it’s a lifelong romance.” —Board and Savior
“I’m going to suggest everybody pick it up, because it’s just that good.” —Undead Viking
“This game is one of the most elegant, simple games that I have come across in a long time. It has you coming back for more, every time.” —The Spiel
“I was amazingly surprised and immediately wanted to play again. Excellent game!” —Tom Vasel, Dice Tower
“A great, fantastic, deduction game. Cannot recommend this enough!” —Drive Thru Run Down
“It’s just so unique.” —Strange Assembly
“A great release, and one I think you should check out.” —Ryan Metzler, Dice Tower
“I guarantee that you’ll have a good time.” —Matthew Baldwin, TMN
“An enjoyable experience no matter where or when you decide to play!” —Crits Happen
“This one’s a winner in my book! Check it out!” —This Board Game Life (blog)
“It’s just a great little game! People should really get this.” —Garrett’s Games
“It’s superfast, it’s fun, it’s light.” — Strange Assembly