About Love Letter
Love Letter is a game of risk, deduction, and luck, for 2–4 players. Designed by Seiji Kanai, the game features incredibly simple rules that create dynamic and exciting player interactions. Players attempt to deliver their love letter into the Princess’s hands while keeping other players’ letters away. Powerful cards lead to early gains, but make you a target. Rely on weaker cards for too long and your letter may be tossed in the fire!
There are currently nine releases in the Love Letter series:
- Love Letter Premium is the special edition with large format tarot-sized cards and new cards for playing with more than 5 people.
- Love Letter Tempest Edition is the original Love Letter game that became an instant classic.
- Lovecraft Letter is a horrific twist on the Love Letter game that explores the frightening world of the Cthulhu mythos
- Archer: Once You Go Blackmail… puts you in the heart of Archerness, using the Love Letter engine to play a game of intrigue and cunning… and likely a lot of phrasing.
- Love Letter: Adventure Time challenges you to pull Princess Bubblegum away from her lab long enough to find love.
- Love Letter Wedding Edition is an edition of the game that features new art and components to make it the perfect gift for your wedding guests or party. Available only through AEG.
- Letters to Santa is a Christmas-themed edition of Love Letter. Can you get your letter to Santa to fulfill all your Christmas wishes? Available this holiday season!
- Love Letter: Batman Edition puts you in the role of the Dark Knight as you rid the villains from the streets of Gotham City!
- Love Letter: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies sends you on a quest to reclaim the Arkenstone, but beware the machinations of Smaug the Dragon!
Reviews, or “Why People Are Falling In Love With Love Letter”
“Love, love, LOVE Love Letter! I’d play it over and over again, all day long.” —This Board Game Life (podcast)
“Love Letter is a game you’ll play now, tomorrow, and years to come. It isn’t just a summer fling, it’s a lifelong romance.” —Board and Savior
“I’m going to suggest everybody pick it up, because it’s just that good.” —Undead Viking
“This game is one of the most elegant, simple games that I have come across in a long time. It has you coming back for more, every time.” —The Spiel
“I was amazingly surprised and immediately wanted to play again. Excellent game!” —Tom Vasel, Dice Tower
“A great, fantastic, deduction game. Cannot recommend this enough!” —Drive Thru Run Down
“It’s just so unique.” —Strange Assembly
“A great release, and one I think you should check out.” —Ryan Metzler, Dice Tower
“I guarantee that you’ll have a good time.” —Matthew Baldwin, TMN
“An enjoyable experience no matter where or when you decide to play!” —Crits Happen
“This one’s a winner in my book! Check it out!” —This Board Game Life (blog)
“It’s just a great little game! People should really get this.” —Garrett’s Games
“It’s superfast, it’s fun, it’s light.” — Strange Assembly